ACTION TAKEN TO IMPROVE SAFETY
ØMONITORING OF CREW
1. Monitoring of Loco Pilots and Asstt. Loco Pilots especially newly recruited / promoted.
2. To check the driving technique – calling out of signals between Driver, Asstt. Driver, exchange of signals between train crew and station staff.
3. Surprise checks have been conducted to ensure their alertness.
4 Whether staff have availed proper rest or not.
5 To check the whistling, at LC gates, sharp curvatures while passing through stations, etc.
6 Observation of the caution orders, observation of rules of protection.
7 Counselling about the latest safety circulars, instructions, correction slips, TSL working, Passing of IBS and Automatic signal at ON position, Foggy weather, obtaining correct authorities etc.
8 To check the Mobile phones whether switch OFF during working etc.
ØMONITORING OF GATEMEN AND GATE WORKING PROCEDURES
1. Utilization of only competent Gatemen at Gate.
2. Counselling of Gatemen for protection rules and observance of unusual on train.
3. Ensuring exchange of Private Nos. with station.
4. Surprise Night checks to see the alertness of the staff.
5. Private No. with Station Master to be exchanged only after closing the gate and not to open the gate without the permission of .Station Master
6. Regular counseling has been carried out for ensuring safety and to work as per the rules
ØMONITORING OF STATION / YARD STAFF
1. Complete elimination of PME/Refresher overdue.
2. Ensure correct procedure for receipt and departure of trains.
3. Ensuring observance of correct shunting procedure in yards including shunting on vacuum / pressure and with proper hand signals and equipment.
4. Surprise checks are being conducted to ensure their alertness.
5. Regular counseling has been carried out for ensuring safety and to work as per the rules.
ØCHECKS ON S&T AREAS
1. Joint checks of Points & Crossings by SC (S&T) & SC (Engg.) is being done.
2. Joint signal sighting is being done monthly both at supervisory & officer level.
3. Surprise check of Relay Room & RRI cabins.
4. Issue of Disconnection Memo during the S&T Failures and Maintenance purpose, Relay Room Key Register is maintained for double locking arrangement.
5. To check the working of Data Logger, Fire Alarms, Interlocking of signals and Points, Relay room door opening/closing status available in Data Logger.
6 Regular counseling has been carried out for ensuring safety and to work as per the rules
ØCHECKS ON ENGINEERING AREAS
1. Joint checks of Points and Xings by SC (S&T) & SC (Engg) is being done and is cross checked with Points and Xing inspection register.
2. Surprise checks on worksite are being done.
3. Proper protection of TSR site by provision of Caution Order, Speed Board and Termination Board is being checked on weekly basis.
4. Cotter bolts have been provided at all hand points in all yards bet. CST-LNL-IGP.
5. Checks on maintenance of yard lines have been carried out in all yards & lines identified for improvement.
6. To check the fouling mark provided at proper locations
7. Foot Plate inspections to check the track condition.
8. Regular counseling has been carried out for ensuring safety and to work as per the rules.
ØCHECKS ON C&W AREAS
1. Brake power check & super check on C&W examination is being done of Mail / Exp. and Goods trains and deficiencies reported. Super check on ‘Off’ sick coaches/wagons is being done.
2. Surprise check on examined rakes/loads and C&W depots on safety practices such as rolling in/out examination is being done.
3.Brake Van inspection for Brake Van safety equipments of primary/secondary maintenance trains.
4. Super check on Intensive/Premium examined goods train covering all goods depot.
5. Super check Lashing and packing of steel consignment/other consignment.
6. Inspection of wagon’s doors, CBC couplings, brake powers and others under gear fittings. Inspection of M & P installation along with its accessories of C & W depots.
7 Inspection of Pantry Car with all safety equipments like Gas cylinder, Gas stove metallic flexible pipe, Gas regulator, Gas fittings arrangement, ventilation etc.
8 Counseling of staff regarding safety aspects.