- 1st Carshed in Kurla, Commissioned on 03.02.1925.
- Indigenous EMU Stock Manufactured Started In 1961-62 by M/s Jessop & in 1970 By M/s ICF.
- Kalva Carshed Commissioned on 26.01.1981.
- First 12 Car Service Started on 08.09.1985, on Through Line.
- Auxiliary Warning System (AWS) Introduced in the year 1989.
- Central Railway Crossed 1000 Services/ Day Mark on 13.05.1989.
- 1st Ladies Special Introduced In Main Line on 01.07.1992.
- Provision Of Handicapped Accommodation In Middle Driving Trailer Coach Since March 1993- One Compartment In 9 Car And Two In 12 Car.
- Chopper Rake Service Started On 31.07.1993. Three Rakes Are In Services.
- Sanpada Carshed Commissioned On 13.09.1994.
- 12 Car Service Started On Local Line on 15.08.2000.
- AC-DC EMU with M/s BHEL Electrics Introduced on 19.02.2006 on AC Traction. These Rakes Are Based At Kalva Carshed.
- AC-DC EMU with M/s Siemens Electrics Introduced on 21.02.2008.
- 12 Car Service Started In PA - LNL section on 23.03.2009.
- 1st Ladies Special Introduced In Harbour Line on 05.08.2009.
- AC-DC EMU with M/s BHEL Electrics Introduced on 22.09.09 In PA- LNL section. These Rakes are based at Kalva Carshed.
- 1st Fast Service Introduced in Trans Harbour Line (Thane- Panvel) on 05.02.2010.
- 1st Ladies Special Introduced In Trans Harbour Line ( Vashi - Thane & Panvel - Thane) on 29.05.2010.
- 1st 12 Car Service Introduced In Trans Harbour Line (Thane -Vashi -Nerul- Panvel) on 07.12.2010.
- 1st 15 car service introduced in Mainline (CSTM -Kalyan) on 15.10.2012.
- DC to AC conversion on Mainline completed and charged on 08.06.2015.
Source : Central Railway / Indian Railways Portal CMS Team Last Reviewed on: 06-10-2015