Inauguration of the New Ashti-Ahmednagar new line and flagging off of the inaugural run New Ashti-Ahmednagar DEMU service
Shri Eknath Shinde, Hon'ble Chief Minister of Maharashtra in the august presence of Shri Raosaheb Dadarao Patil Danve, Hon'ble Minister of State for Railways, Coal and Mines, Government of India and Shri Devendra Fadnavis, Hon'ble Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra will inaugurate the New Ashti -Ahmednagar new line and flag off the inaugural run of New Ashti – Ahmednagar DEMU service from New Ashti Railway Station on 23.9.2022.
Shri Radhakrishna Vikhe Patil, Hon’ble Minister for Revenue, Animal Husbandry & Dairy development, Govt of Maharashtra, Smt. Pankaja Munde, Hon’ble Former Minister of Maharashtra, Smt Rohini Shendge, Hon’ble Mayor, Ahmednagar, Hon’ble Members of Parliament Dr. Pritam Munde, Dr. Sujay Vikhe Patil, Smt. Rajni Patil, Hon'ble Members of Legislative Assembly, Maharashtra Shri Dhananjay Munde, Shri Balasaheb Ajabe, Shri Sangram Jagtap, Smt. Namita Mundada, Shri Sandeep Kshirasagar, Shri Prakash Solanke, Shri Lakshman Pawar, Hon'ble Members of Legislative Council, Shri Suresh Dhas, Shri Vikram Kale, Shri Satish Chavan, Smt. Pallavi Dhonde, President, Nagar Panchayat, Ashti will be present as Guests of Honour and others are invited on the occasion.
Background & Benefits:
• The 66 km New Ashti-Ahmednagar broad gauge line is a part of the 261 km Ahmednagar-Beed-Parli Vaijnath new broad gauge line project which is on 50-50 cost sharing between the Government of India and State Government.
• The DEMU service will ensure better connectivity to residents of the New Ashti-Ahmednagar belt and nearby areas.
• It will promote local trade and industries and thus boosting socio-economic growth of the Marathwada region.
• The DEMU train will leave Ahmednagar at 07.45 am and arrive New Ashti at 10.30 am and in return, will leave New Ashti at 11.00 am and arrive Ahmednagar at 1.55 pm. This train will run daily except Sunday.
• This DEMU train will halt at Kada, New Dhanora, Solapurwadi, New Loni and Narayandoho.
Date: September 22, 2022
This press release is issued by the Public Relations Department, Central Railway, Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus Mumbai