CR retains highest revenue figures among all Zones for April- 2022 to February-2023
Registers ₹78.86 crore in Non-Fare Revenue and ₹232.50 crore in Parcel Revenue
Central Railway’s performance in FY 2022-23 (April to February) has been impressive with a record revenue of ₹78.86 crore in Non-Fare Revenue as compared to ₹27.10 crore during the corresponding period last year, which is the highest among all zonal railways, showing an enormous increase of 191%.
Important Contracts & Tenders awarded in February-2023:
• 18 tenders were awarded through e-auction with annual license fee of Rs.491.06 lakh
• 5 Contracts for external vinyl wrapping on EMUs with earnings of 243.30 lakh per annum for a period of 3 years awarded by Mumbai division.
• 2 Out of Home contracts with earnings of Rs.5.88 lakh per annum for a period of 5 years e-auctioned by Mumbai division and 1 Out of Home contract each awarded of Latur with earnings of Rs.6.75 lakh Per annum and of Pune division with earnings of Rs.51.80 lakh for a period of 5 years.
• 4 Rail Display Network contracts with earnings of Rs.125.44 lakh per annum awarded by Mumbai division.
• Truck/Tempo parking cum staking contract at CSMT with earnings of Rs.43.5 lakh per annum for a period of 5 years,
Central Railway also registered significant revenue of ₹232.50 crore (including Rs.17.96 crore in the month of February alone), through transportation of approx. 4.56 lakh tonnes of Parcel & Luggage in FY 2022-23 (April to February). During the same period in the FY 2022-23, 201 trips of time-tabled parcel trains generated a revenue of ₹24.81 crore including Rs.14.97 crore through 99 trips of CSMT-Shalimar Parcel train, Rs.6.25 crore through 30 Indent Parcel Trains from Bhiwandi – Jalgaon to Azra and RS.3.59 crore through Lease Parcel Trains from Godhani to Tinsukia Junction in 22 trips.
Presently 101 SLRs and 14 VPs are on lease (out of which 50 SLRs and 2VPs have been leased through E-auction) as against 74 SLRs and 5 VPs leased during the corresponding period last year.
Date: March 09, 2023
This press release is issued by the Public Relations Department, Central Railway, Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus Mumbai.