Central Railway Achievements of Signaling and Telecommunication Infrastructure in August 2023
Central Railway has made following achievements in its signaling and telecommunication infrastructure during August 2023.
A. Signaling Upgrades:
1. Provision of Electronic Interlocking (EI) / Panel Interlocking (PI) / Route Relay Interlocking (RRI): Total 3 stations provided with EI/PI in August 2023.
- Replacement of RRI at Jui Nagar with EI (Siemens) (C Route, No. of Routes-69) in Mumbai division.
- Replacement of PI at Panewadi A with EI (Siemens) (A Route, No. of Routes-77) in Bhusawal division.
- Replacement of PI at Kalmeshwar with EI (Medha) (A Route, No. of Routes-108) in Nagpur division.
- Commissioning of New station Deoli with EI (Ansaldo) (E Route, No. of routes-32).
Earlier, during April-July 2023 Panjhan, Bhusaval Goods Yard (North), Dongargaon & Hisaval in Bhusaval division; Pandhurna in Nagpur division, Belapur in Solapur division and Sangli in Pune division were also commissioned taking the cumulative total to 11 stations during current financial year 2023-24.
2. Yard Remodelling: Total 3 stations yards remodeled in August 2023.
- Major alteration in connection with yard remodeling at Manmad (RRI) with commissioning of Manmad-Bhusawal 3rd line.
- At Dushkheda (PI) with commissioning of extension of down & up loop line from earlier 650 m to 753 m.
- Murtijapur (PI) with commissioning of down long-haul loop line of 1.5 km in Bhusawal division.
Earlier, during April-July 2023 Nandgaon in Bhusawal Division; Dudhani and Padhegaon in Solapur Division, Butibori and Wardha in Nagpur division were also remodeled taking the cumulative total to 8 stations during current financial year 2023-24.
3. Block Proving by Axle Counter (BPAC): BPAC system ensures that the track section is empty before permitting another train in that section, eliminates human error and controls safe movement of trains between stations. No train is permitted if there is any other train, parted train, detached wheels, rail trolley or other rail vehicle in that section.
- 2 Block sections commissioned 1 each on Mumbai (Khadavli-Vasind) and Solapur (Jath Road-Dhalgaon) divisions.
Earlier, during April-July 2023 Kirloskarwadi-Bhilwadi, Bhilwadi-Nandre, Nandre-Sangli of Pune division; Panjhan-Nandgaon, Nandgaon-Hisaval of Bhusawal division; Butibori-Gumgaon, Gumgaon-Khapri, Narkhed-Darimeta, Darimeta-Pandhurna, Pandhurna-Teegaon of Nagpur division; Belapur-Padhegaon, Pandharpur-Sangola, Jath Road-Sangola, Pandharpur-Modlimb of Solapur division were also commissioned taking the cumulative total to 16 stations during current financial year 2023-24.
4. Provision of Data Logger: Data logger is microprocessor-based system, which logs the information about the relays, which are connected to the data logger . Data logger monitors and records all activities and events in the signalling system of a railway station.
- 3 installations commissioned 1 in Nagpur (Deoli) & 2 in Pune (LC-60/RH9 and LC-61/RH10 of Pimpri-Dapodi section) divisions.
Earlier, during April-July 2023 2 data loggers at Bhusaval North were also commissioned taking the cumulative total to 5 stations during current financial year 2023-24.
B. Telecommunication Upgrades:
1. Computer based Public Announcement system and Train Indication Board:
- Provided at Dhule station of Bhusawal Division.
2. Coach Guidance Display System:
- Successfully replaced at Shegaon station of Bhusawal Division.
3. Voice Logger Telephone at Non-Interlock Level Crossing (LC) Gate:
- During the month, 8 LC gates on Mumbai division and 4 LC gates on Bhusawal division were equipped with voice logger telephones, bringing all of 176 Non-Interlock Level crossing gates on Central Railway provided with voice logger telephones.
These achievements stand as a testament to Central Railway's unwavering commitment to enhancing safety, efficiency, and modernization within its network. The advancements made in signaling and telecommunication infrastructure will undoubtedly contribute to an improved travel experience for passengers.
--- --- ---
Date: September 14, 2023
PR No. 2023/09/26
This press release is issued by the Public Relations Department, HQ, Central Railway, Mumbai.