Suburban local train cancellations due to blocks of construction of UP+DN New lines for Western dedicated freight corridor (WDFC) at Panvel station
Dedicated freight corridors are ambitious projects of Railways to boost the economy by faster movements of freight goods. 2 dedicated freight corridors are under progress-
1) Eastern Dedicated freight corridor (EDFC)-
Total length-1337 km
Completed- 1150 km (86%)
From Ludhiana to Sonnagar
2) Western dedicated corridor (WDFC)-
Total length- 1506 km
Completed- 1046 km (70%)
From Dadri (near Delhi) to JNPT
3) Combinely both EDFC & WDFC-
Total- 2843 km
Completed- 2196 km (77%)
On above completed section, more than 1 lakh goods freight trains have already been run. Out of which more than 50,000 freight trains have been run on WDFC corridor till now.
As a part of construction of remaining 30% portion of WDFC Western corridor-
Its 2 new dedicated freight lines (UP+DN) construction have been planned passing through Panvel station yard, which will go towards JNPT.
These 2 new lines construction at Panvel station have been started from 18/08/2023. Almost 45 days total duration construction work is there. It will most likely complete on 02/10/2023.
Daily 3 to 4 hours duration night blocks are going on in Panvel station yard since 18/08/23.
Now from 11/09/2023 the duration of these blocks will increase upto 05.00 hrs daily from 00.30 hrs to 05.30 hrs. It will continue and likely to end on 02/10/2023.
The suburban train cancellations from 11/09/2023 to 02/10/2023 will be as follows-
A) DOWN Harbour line from CSMT to PANVEL-
1) Last local from CSMT to Panvel will be-
PL 201 departing CSMT at 22.58 hrs.
2) PL 203- CSMT Departure 23.14 hrs is cancelled.
3) PL 205- CSMT departure 23.30 hrs will run upto Belapur instead of panvel
4) PL 207- CSMT departure 23.52 hrs will run upto Belapur instead of panvel
5) PL 1- CSMT departure 00.13 hrs will run upto Belapur instead of panvel
6) PL 3- CSMT departure 00.24 hrs is cancelled
7) PL 5- CSMT departure 00.40 hrs wil run upto belapur instead of panvel
8) BRVD 1- Wadala departure 00.50 hrs will run upto Vashi, instead of Belapur
9) PL 13- CSMT departure 05.18 hrs is cancelled
10) PL 31- CSMT departure 06.40 hrs is cancelled
11) 1st local from CSMT to Panvel-
PL7 at CSMT departure 04.32 hrs will run as per it's regular schedule.
B) Down transharbour line from Thane to Panvel-
1) Last local from Thane to Panvel will be TPL73- Thane departure at 23.32 hrs
2) TPL1- Thane departure 00.05 hrs is cancelled
3) TPL3- Thane departure 05.12 hrs is cancelled
4) TNU1- Thane departure 05.40 hrs is cancelled
5) TPL63- Thane departure 21.36 hrs is cancelled
6) 1st local from Thane to Panvel will be TPL5- Thane departure 06.20 hrs.
C) UP Harbour line from Panvel to CSMT-
1) Last local from Panvel to CSMT-
PL2- Panvel departure 00.03 hrs will run as per regular schedule
2) PL 184- Panvel departure 21.52 hrs is cancelled
3) PL 196- Panvel departure 22.58 hrs is cancelled
4) PL4- Panvel departure 04.03 hrs is cancelled
5) PL6- Panvel departure 04.27 hrs will run from Belapur instead of panvel at it's regular belapur time
6) PL8- Panvel departure 04.49 hrs will run from Belapur instead of panvel at it's regular Belapur time
8) PL10- Panvel departure 05.05 hrs will run from Belapur instead of panvel at it's regular Belapur time
9) PL12- Panvel departure 05.17 hrs will run from Belapur instead of panvel at it's regular Belapur time
10) PL14- Panvel departure 05.31 hrs is cancelled
11) BRVD2- Belapur departure 05.50 hrs will run from Vashi instead of Belapur at it's regular Vashi time
12) BR 12- Belapur departure 06.08 hrs will run from Vashi instead of belapur at it's regular Vashi time
13) 1st local from Panvel to CSMT will be-
PL16- Panvel departure 05.40 hrs.
D) UP Transharbour line from Panvel to Thane-
1) Last local from Panvel to Thane will be-
TPL72- Panvel departure 22.15 hrs
2) TPL74- Panvel departure 23.18 hrs is cancelled
3) TPL2- Panvel departure 04.33 hrs is cancelled
4) TPL4- Panvel departure 04.53 hrs is cancelled
5) TPL6- Panvel departure 05.21 hrs will run from Belapur instead of panvel at it's regular Belapur time
6) TPL8- Panvel departure 05.44 hrs will run from Belapur instead of panvel at it's regular Belapur time
7) 1st Local from Panvel to Thane will be-
TPL10- Panvel departure 06.13 hrs.
PR number- 2023/09/21
This press note is issued by public relations department, Central Railway HQ, Mumbai.