The Medical Department of Central Railway provides comprehensive health care to its employees both serving and retired and their families.
- Provision of Curative, Preventive, Promotive and Rehabilitative Health Services to Railway beneficiaries.
- Occupational health services, including pre-employment and in-service periodical Medical examinations, examination under Workmen's Compensation Act, monitoring of safety environment of workshops etc.
- Medical relief during Railway Accidents.
- Emergency Medical assistance to Railway passengers who take ill during their journey.
- Enforcement of Prevention of Food Adulteration Act within Railway premises.
- Monitoring of quality of drinking water in Railway Stations and Railway Colonies. Surface sanitation at certain Railway Colonies and at some nominated Railway Stations.
- Reproductive and Child Health Services including Family Welfare and immunization of vulnerable groups.
- Implementation of National Health Programmes.