RPF Zonal Training Centre was established in the year 1957 at Chink-hill on Solapur division. In the Year 1994, decision was taken to shift the training centre, for administrative reasons, to the present location in Nashik, which is centrally located on the main line connecting West to all other parts of the Country. Distance from Nasik Road Rly. station to ZTC/NK is only about 03 Kms. The facilities of training centre are spreads over 27 acres of land near Indian Railway Institute of Electrical Engineering Nashik. Eventually, construction of buildings and setting up other facilities commenced.
The construction of the administrative building and the barracks started in the year 2001. The first Phase of the same was completed in the year 2006 and the Second Phase in the year 2014. The first batch of training for CR staff kick started in 2006. A double storey barrack with 192 beds capacity with all basic facilities was also newly constructed.
As per Railway Board vide letter No. 2009/SEC(Spl)/6/30dtd 24/06/2016, the shifting of training center in all respect has been officially completed. Further, as per Rly. Board L.No.2009/Sec (Spl)/6/30dt. 23.10.2017 the SATC/CNHL was officially closed and Land and buildings were handed over to Engineering and other departments of Solapur Division.
Further, land to the extent of 22.75 acres, adjacent to the existing plot was also allotted to make the total area 49.75 acres. Now the training center at Nasik has been designated as the sole Zonal Training Centre of RPF Central Railway.