- The same architect also designed the Bombay Municipal Buildings on the other side of the road and the administrative office of the Bombay, Baroda & Central India Railway now Western Railway.
- In the execution of his designs, F W Stevens was ably assisted by Sitaram Khanderao Vaidya, Asstt. Engineer and M M Janardan Supervisor.
- One of the finest station buildings of the world and architecturally one of the most splendid and magnificent late Italian Medieval Gothic edifices.
- Designed with a frontage of over 1500 feet on the main road, Victoria Terminus (renamed as CST), displays exquisite ornamentation and embellishment on the façade and the beautifully executed panels, dados & friezes adorning the walls and the many loggias, buttresses, arches and windows complement the magnificent exteriors.
- One of the oldest and the most popular landmarks of Mumbai City which attracts large number of tourists, researchers, historians and scholars.
- This building functions as administrative Head Quarter of Central Railway.
'Heritage Gallery' was opened on 29th Jan 2010 within theheritage building for displaying priceless photographs and documents from the Archives, photographs of synergic growth of Railways and Mumbai, besides Steam and other engine models.