Procedure of registration of a new firm.
- On receipt of firm's application on their letter head requesting Controller of Stores to grant registration for their firms, Firm Registration & Performance Section (FRPS) will issue letter in Standard format No.1(A) & Standard format No.1(B) asking them to furnish particulars and to deposit Rs.1000/- as initial payment towards the issue of application form.
- When the application form is received duly filed in by the firm, it will be scrutinized and deficiencies if any will be pointed out through letter in Standard format No.2
- After all the documents have been submitted by the firm, a confidential letter in the Standard format No.3 will be sent to the Bankers of the firm to get information about the financial status of the firm.
- In case the firm is registered with NSIC or any other Zonal Rly or with production unit then the confirmation will be obtained confidentially from the agency who has registered the firm regarding particulars of groups, grade and firm's performance report through Standard format No.4.
- In case the firm is not registered with any of the agency then an Officer of Stores Department will be nominated to inspect the firm's premises. Nominated officer will submit report on the technical capability and financial capacity of the firm . On receipt of inspection report, FRPS will fill up the details in Standard Format No.5 and obtain the recommendations from concerned purchase officer (JAG/SAG) about allotment of Trade Group(s) and category. Thereafter, recommendations of concerned CMM dealing with the purchase of item(s) will be obtained and then case will be put up for decision regarding allotment of category and trade group(s).
- If the firm is registered with any other Zonal Rly., Production Unit or NSIC then inspection of firm will not be carried out . The file duly filled in format No.5 be put up to concerned JAG/SG officers dealing with trade group for their recommendation. Thereafter, recommendations of concerned CMM dealing with the purchase of item(s) will be obtained and case will be put up for decision regarding allotment of category and trade group (s).
- As soon as approveal is granted for registration to firm, intimation will be sent in Standard format No.6 containing various terms and conditions and firms will be asked to submit subscription for the weekly stores bulletin as per procedure in vogue. The registration period will be initially for a trial period of TWO YEARS and thereafter firms performance will be reviewed for renewal.